Sunday, June 19, 2011

nine

This mens dress shirt is a beautiful blue color with nice, dark, shiny buttons. It belonged to one of my sister's friends who donated a few shirts to Little Grey Line.  I really loved the color of the fabric and wanted to use it with a coordinating plaid that I had in my stash.



My muse for this dress was my 8-month old niece, Reagan. I have been wanting to make something for her for a while now and when I saw the color of this shirt, it just seemed to be the perfect opportunity. There is no sentimental lineage to the shirt, but I'm hoping she will love it none the less. 



The original button placket from the shirt was repurposed for the back of the dress. Only the top two buttons open and when I do this design again I plan to try to have the entire back open up.




 



















I lined the gathered skirt with the coordinating fabric then turned the bottom up as the hem to show it off a bit.  The design is fairly simple and I think my sister-in-law may have the front monogrammed (which I can't wait to see!).

Here are a few shots of my beautiful niece in her dress. 



No comments:

Post a Comment