Monday, June 6, 2011

six

I was so excited to get my hands on this dress shirt.  Not only were the french cuffs lovely, but it has a light blue gingham pattern and the cotton is ultra soft. My main design goal with this transformation was to fully exploit the french cuffs and leave the rest simple and understated. 


Instead of a dress, I made a tunic to fit a girls size 5/6. The toddler dress form that I have is a 2T so you can see that it ended up a bit larger than the form, but hopefully the intention of the design is still clear.  The cuffs were redesigned for the sleeve of the tunic and because I wanted them to lay down a bit on the upper arm, I did not join them under the arm hole which will give more mobility for the wearer.  I used some buttons from my collection as stand-ins for the cuff links. 

1 comment:

  1. those sleeves are the most amazing thing ever! i want this in my size - does it go that big ;-)

    ReplyDelete