Sunday, June 5, 2011

five

After hearing about my new venture into dressmaking, my father delivered to me- the very next day- six dress shirts to repurpose. I chose this particular shirt to work with first because it had such a cheery color palette and also because I have so many recollections of him wearing it. Even more, it still smelled like him.

 

I wanted to break up the large plaid pattern a bit so I decided to use the collar from the shirt as a waistband for the dress and I used two buttons from the placket as the bodice of the dress. 



The ruffle at the collar and bottom hem of the dress help soften the vertical and horizontal lines from the plaid. 


1 comment:

  1. for some reason i didn't add you to my friend connect! what was i thinking!!!! i have totally missed all these posts, getting caught up now. love this so much, the waist band is amazing!

    ReplyDelete