Thursday, June 2, 2011

three





















Clearly I was getting excited about making another dress since I was half way through cutting my pattern before I remembered to take a before photograph of the shirt. Let's just say, as you can see, that this dress shirt was just a typical non-iron (so they say), cotton shirt. Nothing fancy or remarkable about it actually. 

I thought it would be interesting to add an accent color and used the pale pink to finish the arms holes, collar and, eventually, the hem. As you can see in this photo, the boring blue dress shirt looks equally boring as a dress at this point in the design.   


The dress was in need of some embellishment and I decided to pull out some scrap fabric I had from a duvet I altered from Ikea to use as a coordinating fabric. I took the shirt fabric and the pink fabric and made a symmetrical knife pleat for the collar and folded back the end on the front to expose a bit more of the pink. 

 
 



















The back of the collar is my favorite part of the dress.  



No comments:

Post a Comment